Did you know that when you participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA), you can use these pre-tax funds to pay for over-the-counter (OTC) medicines—many which you can get at MetroHealth Pharmacy at a discounted price!
Thanks to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, you can use your FSA or HSA funds to buy OTC medications. Those types of medications include:
- Cold, cough, and flu medicine
- Heartburn medications
- Pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications
- Allergy and sinus medicine
- Digestive aids and laxatives
- Baby rash ointments and creams
- Baby electrolytes
- Sleep aids
- Skin treatments for conditions such as eczema and psoriasis
- Acne medications
- Menstrual products
And remember, when you purchase over-the-counter medicines at MetroHealth Pharmacy, you can get many of them at a discounted price.
If you’re not sure if an OTC medication can be paid for with FSA or HSA funds, stop by MetroHealth Pharmacy and talk to a pharmacist. Or call us at 216-957-MEDS for further information.