View a fun video about how to make this easy, five-step cauliflower soup.
With the temperature dropping, Angela Majerle, a clinical dietitian, can think of no better way to keep warm than with a bowl of soup. “I love this cauliflower soup recipe,” she said. “It’s simple, freezer-friendly, and best of all, comes in at just 80 calories per serving!”
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour (gluten-free is fine, too)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (vegetarians can use vegetable broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, make a roux by melting the butter on low heat.
- Add the flour and stir about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, onions and cauliflower and set heat to medium.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Purée with an immersion blender until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper.