In March, MetroHealth worked closely with state officials to prepare for the arrival of COVID-19 patients. Part of that preparation meant temporarily turning off certain MyChart features during the stay-at-home order.
Thanks to everyone in our community doing their part to “flatten the curve,” we are happy to be seeing patients in person again. You’ll notice that the MyChart features you love are back — and that we’ve added a few extra as well.
Here are some of the most convenient features of MyChart:
- Schedule and manage your appointments: You can book in-person, follow-up and telehealth (telephone and video) visits, and even view details of past and upcoming appointments.
- Connect with your provider with a video visit: MetroHealth is connecting with patients on video chat more than 1,000 times a day. Learn more about how to have the best video visit experience with your doctor through your MyChart account.
- Fast Pass: Move up your visits if a time slot opens up on your doctor’s schedule.
- Check in before you arrive: Check in before a telephone visit or save time at an in-person visit by confirming your address, insurance and other information before you arrive.
- Echeck-in before a telephone visit: To make your telephone visit even smoother, use MyChart to Echeck-in before your visit. Learn more about what to expect and how to prepare for your telephone visit here.
- Surgery/Procedure and Health Maintenance Reminders: This feature notifies you of upcoming appointments or procedures.
- See test results quickly: No more waiting for a phone call or letter. Test results and your doctor’s comments are available in days, or sometimes in just hours.
- Manage your family’s health care: With special access, you can talk to a provider on behalf of a family member or person you’re helping to care for.
- Communicate with your doctor: Get quick answers to your medical questions without making a phone call or unnecessary appointment.
- Pay bills online: Make copays and securely pay your bills from home.
- Refill and renew prescriptions: Send requests for medication refills and renewals without calling your provider.
Don’t have the MyChart app yet? That’s okay! Here’s how to download it:
- Go to the Apple App Store or Google Play on your phone or other mobile device
- Search for “MyChart”
- Download the app
- Open the app and choose MetroHealth as your provider
- Log in with your MyChart username and password
Now more than ever, MyChart provides the easiest way to manage your health care. And, as always, it’s free. If you don’t have a MyChart account, sign up today at metrohealth.org/mychart.