MetroHealth has specialized units for stroke, brain injury, and spinal cord injury/major trauma rehab. Our unique combination of world-class professionals and innovative technology makes us one of the best rehabilitation facilities in the world.
Our Top-Notch Team
It’s simple: Our staff is the best in the region. We have the highest number of specialty-trained doctors, nurses, and therapists among local rehab facilities. At MetroHealth you’ll find:
- Physicians certified in the subspecialty of spinal cord injury medicine and brain injury medicine.
- Physicians certified in the subspecialty of sports medicine, who focus on sports-related concussions.
- Physician stroke specialists who assess and manage all consequences and complications of stroke.
- Physicians certified in the subspecialty of pain medicine who evaluate and treat pain conditions caused by trauma or illness.
- Physicians certified in electrodiagnostic medicine who evaluate nerves and muscles damaged by trauma or illness.
- Nurses with an average of 10 to 15 years of clinical experience in rehabilitation medicine, many with subspecialty certification in stroke, spinal cord injury or brain injury.
- A nursing program that is in the top eight percent of all nursing programs in the U.S., with Magnet® recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Our physical, occupational and speech therapists specialize in treating complex orthopedic, traumatic, and neurologic conditions. Many have additional expertise and training in stroke, brain injury or spinal cord injury rehabilitation. This allows us to offer specific therapies not found elsewhere in the area, including:
- Balance therapy
- Driving rehabilitation
- Hand therapy
- Pelvic rehabilitation
- Swallowing therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
MetroHealth’s inpatient rehab facility is designed for maximum patient comfort and benefit. All of our units feature specially designed rooms tailored to patient needs, including ventilator and tracheostomy management, along with on-site dialysis capability. We are the only inpatient rehabilitation facility in Ohio that admits ventilator-dependent spinal cord injury patients, and we have the experience and technology to wean many of them off ventilator use.